Youth Program Associate - Full Time
About Mercy Center:
Mercy Center is a "haven" in Mott Haven, a community center offering programs and services that empower women and their families to reach their full potential and become agents of change for healthy family living and economic independence. We promote an improved quality of life by addressing the needs of the whole person in a community of respect, hospitality, and non-violence.
We are seeking a YOUTH PROGRAM ASSOCIATE to work with our Youth Programs Manager in coordinating Mercy Center’s programs for children and youth. S/he will provide direct services to children and young adolescents across an array of activities. This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position that will require flexibility in scheduling to include some evening and very-occasional weekend work.
· Assist Youth Programs Manager in coordinating the operation of all Youth Programs, including: After School, Summer Camp and Babysitting
· Provide direct services to children and youth participants, particularly in the After School program, including homework help, organizing art and recreational activities
· With Youth Programs Manager, oversee operation of robotics/STEM activities and their integration into After School and Summer Camp programs; assist instructor in robotics/coding program
· Create and lead support group for middle-school boys or girls, and potentially a science group
· Coordinate logistics for weekly volunteer dance program
· Provide information to and meet with parents of youth participants
· Support the Youth Programs Manager in conducting assessment/evaluation activities
· Compile program data in Excel spreadsheets, including surveys and report card information
· Attend one Family Weekend in June (Friday to Sunday); plan, organize and lead activities for children
· Assist Youth Programs Manager in supervision of high school and college volunteers
· Participate in Mercy Center staff meetings and other organization-wide meetings and activities
· Perform other duties as assigned by Youth Programs Manager
· Commitment to the mission and values of Mercy Center
· Bachelor’s Degree in child development, education, recreation or related field and/or relevant experience working with children and youth
· Ability to lead and manage children in an After School setting
· Ability to speak Spanish preferred
· Computer literacy required, including skills in Microsoft Office
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task and use initiative
Salary range is $43,000-45,000 depending on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance and a tax-deferred annuity, with generous paid vacation, sick and personal days.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 4, 2022.
Main Office: 377 E. 145th St. Bronx, NY 10454