Facilities Assistant - Part Time
Position Title: Facilities Assistant – Part time
Date Modified: October 28, 2022
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Salary: $20 per hour
Reports to: Operations Manager
Mercy Center, a community center for women, men and children in the South Bronx, seeks a sharp, detail-oriented, experienced individual who can share our passion and commitment to the community we serve. Mercy Center (www.MercyCenterBronx.org) has served the women and families of Mott Haven, one of the poorest Congressional Districts in the nation, for over 30 years.
This is a Part Time seasonal position Sept – mid-December, January- June. Monday-Thursday 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM, and Saturday 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM. Dates and Hours may vary depending on the location.
This position will patrol on foot and serve in fixed posts primarily at entry way under all weather conditions, to prevent, detect, and investigate unauthorized entry, damage, theft, accidents, and other similar activities. The Facility Assistant must interact with visitors and staff in a courteous, respectful manner and exhibit patience when assisting any visitor.
· Assist Receptionist to ensure all visitors have signed in, have an appointment and are met by the staff member expecting them, or are registered participants of classes in session
· Periodic patrols inside and around the building.
· Ensure closing procedures are successfully carried out after class participants and staff have exited the building. This includes a final walk around inside and around the building, ensuring all windows and doors are locked, and arming the alarm system.
· Carry out procedures required in emergency situations and be available for additional time as needed after 9 PM
· Address facilities maintenance issues as they arise including relocation of trash, replacing lights, helping out as needed
· Assist Operations Manager in monitoring the elevator, security cameras, lights, smoke detectors and carbon monoxide expirations and replacements, and conducting emergency preparedness/safety drills
· Accept large deliveries, moving them to designated areas. Assist with moving other items as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Good people skills
· High School Diploma or equivalency
· Previous Doorman or related security experience preferred
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Minimum 2-3 years of employment
· Basic knowledge of computer use required.
· English proficiency required, Spanish a plus
May be required to obtain certifications, including the Fire/Life Safety Certificate (FLSD - F-89) from the FDNY, within one year of employment.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
· Generally works in standard office conditions and climate
· Generally works at front entry
· May be asked to move heavy items
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org